Skimp SketchUp Polygon Reducer and Importer Plugin good weight loss program went from 27.5 MB to 598 KB.
As an interior designer and interior design visualizer, I import a lot of “heavy” furniture models from the 3D Warehouse to fill a model of a house or apartment. I need to choose furniture based on style and often nicely styled furniture models have a lot of polygons. My computer is 8 years old and sometimes my models get so slow they are unusable. Skimp helps to keep my model size down and my models usable. I also appreciate that Skimp is intuitive and that there is a simple user interface. It is actually enjoyable to use. I need to work quickly and the simplicity of the user interface helps! Thank you for this useful plugin. (Sue Miller Interior Designer)
With Skimp, the pain of working with high-poly models is gone:
- FAST import of FBX, OBJ, STL, DAE, 3DS (PC only), PLY, and VRML (more formats are planned for the future)
- SIMPLIFY objects already in your SketchUp model while preserving the model hierarchy
- PREVIEW the imported model and adjust scale and orientation before importing
- EXTREMELY FAST and EFFICIENT decimation and simplification your model, before or after importing
- ACCURATE preservation of the model visual appearance, features, normals, texture coordinates, materials and boundaries.
- EASILY and QUICKLY simplify models with millions of faces
- DRASTICALLY REDUCE the size of your SKP file with a few easy clicks
Finally! Pain free SketchUp import and simplification!
All within a simple and intuitive interface that you can learn in minutes!
- Compatible with BOTH Windows and Mac
- Select any number of Groups or Components in your model and Skimp will trim them down to a manageable size.
- With Skimp, you can specify an error tolerance for highly accurate metric-based simplification. This is a critical feature for simplifying mechanical or manufactured objects such as vehicles, appliances, electronics, etc.
- Skimp’s simplification feature is designed to achieve the perfect balance of accuracy and performance. It is very fast, highly accurate, and has a low memory footprint.
- Skimp works entirely inside SketchUp. Simply install it using the Extension Manager and you are good to go!
- Quickly replace textures and re-assign materials using Skimp’s Replace Textures Tool.